Thursday, November 20, 2008

I think I'm famous

Written: 11/20/08

Well, I finished that 300 hectare field that the next morning, finished the headlands (they do the headlands last, weird I know), and headed to the next mammoth. The next task included 3 fields connected at their headlands again (to eliminate 4 headlands) and the total area is around 800 hectares(2,000 acres). Each pass is almost 6 Km!!! Well Tuesday I only got one round in due to more rain.

The next day (Wednesday) was a little delayed because of rain, but I was running full speed by 10 a.m. We had some trouble at first with some plugging up but that was cleared up when I had 4 Brazilians on the back of the planter of course "riding Brazilian". I went til about 7 when the next intern jumped in the tractor. He didn't get very far due to another shot of rain. Overall I think we took out about 200 hectares of the field.

Today, I was excited to take another big chunk out, but like the past week, it rained again. It pretty much rained all day today, and I am concerned if we will get to go tomorrow. I think only if the sun comes out, we will get a shot at it.

It seems like everyday that I have been out planting, there was someone there taking my picture that I didn't know. I don't know who told them that Ryan "The Lazer" Hrubes was going to be planting in the area, but it sure worked. I must be famous. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 72' planter behind the tractor, that is at least 3 times the size of any planter in the country. (There are 6 Bauer Planters in South America and GAI has 3 of them)("The Lazer" is refering to my excellent driving skills.)

Dino jokes with the guys that I am learning the first time how to drive tractor, because in the United States all our tractors have AutoSteer. He thinks all we do in the United States is take naps in the tractors til the turning alarm goes off. Haha

Hope the sun comes out tomorrow to make some grain.

Take care everyone!!!

Signing off.........


- "The Lazer"

No comments: