Monday, November 17, 2008

Hold the Staleness

Written: 11/17/08

Yesterday was a pretty good day considering that it rained. However after getting kicked out before noon by rain, I went back later in the day to finish the 750 acre field in the dark. This morning I was ready to hit it hard once again, but the rain gods decided to rain on my parade, literally. After almost 2 inches of rain and about 4 hours drying time we went back out to the field to see if we could go. Once out there I knew we could, so we did. This task included two fields linked at the headlands (the long way), making the total area around 300 hectares (750 acres) again. This means it will take another 24 hours to tackle this project. After 4 rounds, my shift was up and the other intern was going to give it a try. I really hope he gets a whole night in, but before I left there was lightning in the distance.

Today was another good day, except for the fact that my daily snack did not live up to par. I opened my little bag of Doritos in hopes of some satisfying chips. What I got was a very stale chip. These chips were more stale than the chips you would find at your grandparents house. The freshness date was Christmas this year. Well the local grocery store might be getting an early X-mas gift in the shape of a letter announcing my displeasure of stale chips. This isn't the first time I have gotten stale chips from this store. I hope it doesn't happen again, or Fruti Mart (local grocery store) might get a personal visit from me.

Anyways, goodnight and hope everyone is staying warm. FYI it's so warm here I sleep in my underwear with no covers!!

Signing off..........



- (a displeased Fruti Mart customer) Hrubes

No comments: